Blount County Sheriff’s Office Launches New Website
The Blount County Sheriff’s Office launched a new responsive Website on July 2, 2019 where residents can find the latest information regarding the operations of the Sheriff’s Office as well as locate area sex offenders. The new Website will serve as an information resource for the public and assist with community policing efforts. The responsive design allows site visitors to access the information they want and need from any device with simple, flexible navigation.
The new Website, www.blountalsheriff.org, features press releases, messages from Sheriff Mark Moon, pages on the departments and services provided by the Sheriff’s Office, as well as a link to submit crime tips via email.
“Our goal with the website is to provide transparency between our office and the public. We want the public to understand how this office serves the community, residents, and visitors. We want our community members to have the information they need, when they need it. The responsive design allows users to quickly and conveniently access the Website information on the device of their choice: desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. In addition, the responsive Website features a Site Search, which makes finding specific information much faster and easier for the site visitor,” said Sheriff Mark Moon.
Other features of the Website include:
- Alert Notifications – allows the public to sign up for alert notifications from the Sheriff’s Office via email or text – including sex offender notifications, press releases, messages from the Sheriff, and most wanted updates.
- Most Wanted Listings – allows the public to view photos and descriptions of wanted individuals.
- Press Releases – allows the public to view a list in date order, sorted by year, of press release and news items posted by the Sheriff’s Office.
- Sex Offenders – allows the public to view photos and information for sex offenders living in the county. The interactive map feature on the Website allows the public to view sex offender locations on the map, view offender photos and profile information about the offenses.
- Social Media – allows the public to follow the Blount County Sheriff’s Office on Facebook.
- Special Alerts – allows the public to be notified of important information and alerts from the Sheriff’s Office, such as scam alerts, missing persons, road closures, etc.
The Blount County Sheriff’s Office will soon be adding an inmate roster to the website, which will allow the public to view information and photos of individuals booked into the jail and released within the last 48 hours. This feature will also allow the public to sign up to receive daily email and/or text notifications of recent bookings and releases from the jail.
“Posting information on the Website improves the efficiency of the Sheriff’s Office by reducing the number of inquiry calls handled by our office. This tool allows us to devote more resources to the safety and security of our residents. Our intent is for every County resident to visit the site and become familiar with how to locate sex offenders, how to submit a crime tip and where to find the latest news and updates from the Sheriff’s Office. We believe the Website is a huge benefit to the Sheriff’s Office and the residents of Blount County as well,” said Sheriff Mark Moon.
Brooks Jeffrey Marketing, Inc., a national Website, App, and marketing company headquartered in Mountain Home, Arkansas, developed the responsive website for Blount County Sheriff's Office. Brooks Jeffrey, founded in 1984, develops Websites, apps, and integrated marketing solutions for law enforcement, government offices, organizations, and businesses throughout the United States.
For more information about the Website, please contact the Blount County Sheriff’s Office at 205-625-4127 or visit www.blountalsheriff.org.